Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Animal Sanctuary

We went to the  Farm Sanctuary  in Orland last weekend and spent a beautiful day there. It was so serene. All the animals had been rescued from abusive owners or the slaughterhouse. This is where the happy cows really live in California.



I'd never seen a turkey this magnificent before. 
 
Beatrix and her cousins had so much fun. Her outfit was comprised of various gifts so I'm not sure of their sources.
 

The sheep were not as friendly as the goats. I spent quite a bit of time feeding the goats grass. They were incredibly sweet and welcoming. My outfit is a  dress that I found while on vacation in Mendocino. I have amazing memories of wearing it on our recent trip. We watched the sunrise which is was rare and incredible experience for me. The leggings are American Apparel.
 
Lucas the pig was huge and also very friendly. He, like many of the animals had barely escaped being someone's dinner.




 
 

15 comments:

  1. Oh so heartbreaking and lovely all at once! So glad you posted this, very smile inspiring.


    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    Spring Shabby Apple Dress giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so right... that turkey head is so pretty, lol! he matches your dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing dress, the colors are so cool! Oh wow, what an amazing place! I love that picture of Bea running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh Beatrix gets cuter by the second. I like your bright rainbow vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this post! Mendocino dress to the happy animals, love this! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is adorable ♥ she reminds me a bit of Suri Cruise, but Bea is even nicer!
    Btw, I love the dress you're wearing.

    PS. I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, your daughter is BEAUTIFUL! Also, this outfit is so perfect. I love the scenery. You definitely stand out! :)


    MELANIELIKES.BLOGSPOT.COM
    Follow?<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no good luck with the camera situation

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like such a cool place, and you and Bea both look adorable in your dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dress. So much fun. What a fun way to spend the day!! Oh, and your daughter is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It makes me feel so upset when I realise what some animals are subjected to. I loved that rainbow dress you were wearing!

    From Dolly
    XXX
    http://dollydaydreamsdomicile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahw the little girl is so cute!!!

    I love your blog.
    Do you want to follow me too?
    ~www.fashion--maniak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It seems to be such a quite place :). I'd love it! And the girl, aww ^^
    What a rare animal there! o_o
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi sis. Just checked out your blog today. Very nice. Glad we went on our trip to the farm.
    Love,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails