Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Interview: Veronika of Tick Tock Vintage

As most of you know Veronika won the first  portion of the vintage thrifted outfit contest and so I had the opportunity to interview her. I found her blog via weardrobe and am so glad I did. She has such a fresh whimsical style and wears the most beautiful vintage dresses. For more loveliness check out her blog,  Tick Tock Vintage and her Etsy store,  Sweet Tooth Vintage.


Why did you first decide to start a blog?
I’ve wanted to start a daily outfit-post blog for a looong time now. As a vintage seller, I always read vintage blogs, which led me into the whole fashion blog world. I absolutely loved blogs like Liebemarlene Vintage, and wanted to try my hand at it. Problem is, I never really had a good track record with consistent updating with my blogs. I had one for my Etsy store, but posts were few and far between. After I joined Chictopia (http://www.chictopia.com/ticktocktap) and received encouragement from several of the very sweet ladies on there, I decided to start Tick Tock Vintage. It’s been amazing so far; I’ve received so many nice comments and I’m really overwhelmed by how supportive everyone is of each other

What is your day job?
Well, right now, I’m a web analyst for a giant cable company. You know Google Analytics? I basically do that, but on a huge scale. I analyze traffic patterns, visitor behavior, and engagement. It’s actually very transferrable to a blog or online store. I’m also in school to receive my Master’s in Education, and will start to student teach in September. After I’m done student teaching, I hope to find a job as a kindergarten, first grade, or second grade teacher. I also sell vintage on Etsy, which I’ve been doing for about 3 years now.

How long have you been into fashion and vintage clothing?
Wow. I’ve been collecting vintage for over 10 years now. While my style has changed considerably over the years, I’ve always been drawn to things from the past.
How would you describe your personal style?
Romantic, but grounded. I love full, flouncy skirts, ruffles, and pastels, but I try to balance it with “tougher” accessories (thick leather belts and suede oxfords, for example).


What is your favorite song at the moment?
I just recently found out about this band “Slow Club”. They have a song called “Me and You” that I adore.


As far as vintage clothing is concerned, what are some of your favorite pieces and time period?
I absolutely love dresses from the 1950’s; nipped waists, full skirts, and delicate details are my weakness. I recently found a mint-green day dress with embroidered lace and rhinestone button details and I’m in love with.
What’s something in your closet that you can’t live without?
I’m a big fan of high heels – I rarely ever wear flats. At 5’3”, I need all the height I can get.

What do you do in your spare time?
When I’m not in school, planning a wedding, working, or updating Etsy, you’ll find me at home with my three pups, my cat, and my rabbit (we have a small zoo, and plan on fostering dogs in July). I love riding bikes (I’m doing my next long ride, 64 miles, on June 19), flea markets, crafting, and baking. I also have a pretty great boyfriend, and amazing friends, that I spend a good deal of time with.

What fashion trend do you wish would never come back?
Hmm, this is a tough one. While I do love the way that some pieces that embody 80’s fashion look on some girls, it’s just not for me (personally).
Carina Romano Photography
What’s on your walls at home?
My house is pretty bland, except for my living room (we’re currently in the process of renovating). I have lots of prints from Etsy, framed embroidery (mostly of dogs), antique prints and posters, a map of Philadelphia, and ornate mirrors.

Must have spring item?
I’m currently on the lookout for high-waisted shorts that are looser around the legs. I just bought a pair (featured here) and they are SO comfortable in the warm weather.

Any tips on where to find amazing vintage?
I always look for thrift stores located in areas that were affluent 40 – 50 years ago. For example, my grandmother lives right outside of Pittsburg, a center of industry in the 60’s and 70’s. I always find amazing vintage there. You’ll also find some great stuff at estate sales – and don’t be afraid to check Craigslist!

How did you come up with your blog name?
I just thought it was cute. I wanted something that related to time and Tick Tock fit the bill.
Shannon McLaughlin
Don't forget voting for the next set of the competition is this Friday! (I'm having some issues with html if you are wondering why the links are on the bottom of the page not on the side.)

12 comments:

  1. oh wow! she deserves it. her style is amazing and great interview <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading the interview. Can't wait for the next set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great interview, I'm glad you choose her! And if you ever want to do an interview with me I would be honored. Just let me know when.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome interview! I love her blog, and her outfits always look so put together with amazing details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great interview! I'll have to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she's wonderful! lovely interview Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great interview. I love this girl. She is amazing. Her style and clothes are fantastic. I am in love with that black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she's so lovely, such sweet and charming style!

    And thanks for your comment, I'm happy to hear you like my blog!

    xoxo,
    S-C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this choice and the interview! Glad I got a chance to find out about her blog.

    BTW- my real name is Rachel (Wild Bird Vintage)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's lovely, and I'm so into her style! Great job on the interview!

    Hey Lisa, I left you an award on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails