Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Obsessions Du Jour




1. Dita Von Teese- I was thrilled last weekend when I got to wear one of her black corsets for a photo shoot and just love her very glamorous vintage style.
 2. Chai Tea- has been my default drink as of late. I love all the aromatic spices, so perfect for cold weather.
3. Fishnets-I love wearing tights in the winter and luckily live in a place where fishnets are an option. They have such a  classic look.
 4.Ballet Flats- These are so Audrey, classic and comfortable. They also go with pretty much anything. 
5. In The Mood For Love- I recently saw this movie again and still want the wardrobe. She has on a new jaw dropping cheong sam in each scene. Wong Kar Wai know how to make gorgeous movies.
6. Cucumber Gimlet-I haven't made this one but had the best one the other day. I am in constant search for cocktails that aren't overly sweet and this one fits the bill. It reminds me of summer too:)

2 Large Cucmbers
  • 1/2 cup gin
  • 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 cup ice cubes
  • 4 lime slices
Slice four 1/4-inch-thick slices from 1 cucumber. Peel and coarsely chop remaining cucumbers; transfer to processor and purée until smooth. Pour through fine strainer set over large bowl, pressing on solids in strainer. Discard solids in strainer.
Mix 1 cup cucumber juice, gin, lime juice, and sugar in pitcher; stir until sugar dissolves. Add ice; mix well. Immediately strain mixture into 4 small Martini glasses. Garnish with lime and cucumber slices and serve.
7. Watercolor- I haven't had as much time to paint lately and am thrilled to be taking a watercolor class this semester. It baffles me how CA is trying to cut the arts when it is a top industry for our state and fosters creativity which is essential to nearly every industry.

8. Black Swan- I've been wanting to  do a photo shoot based on this movie and it sort of happened accidentally last weekend. I just adore the costumes.
mousevox
9. Capes- I discovered the most delightful red cape at Crimson and Clover that I still have to post. They are so delightful and whimsical when done correctly.
photographer- Hellofoto 
10. Modeling- This has been my obsession as of late although this is the only new photo I have that I haven't already posted. I'm very excited to be going to LA in a couple of weeks for a shoot and love learning about photography, working with artists and making beautiful images. I also love this shirt I purchased at Bows and Arrows.

11 comments:

  1. Love Dita Von Teese, love ballet flats!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Mood for Love and cucumber gimlets..that sounds like a great night in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to so many of these things... Dita von Teese, ballet flats, In the Mood for Love, Capes... and I'm going to have to try a cucumber gimlet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your list of things! black swan & ballet flats <3 so great !!

    hope to hear from you soon!
    xo, camilla & valerie
    abutterflybday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful inspirations.

    You seem to be quite good at modeling. Looking forward to your next set of pics.
    the Citizen Rosebud

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah I love Dita too, love the polka dots lady too.

    See U !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an inspiring post! I have to scroll up and down again because I was so overwhelmed at first :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw Black Swan last week, after feeling like the last person to see it. I'm so glad I saw it, it really is a beautiful movie, so sad and moving.

    You know, I think you have a really big resemblance to Dita...I think it is the eyes and the dark hair

    ReplyDelete
  9. such lovely post ;)

    first giveaway: Hard Candy makeup products
    at: http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I always thought you were model material.. You were holding out! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing pics, I also loved the costumes from black swan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails